Thursday 29 April 2010

Peter Hall Verdure fabric designed for Heals



I just love this fabric!
It was designed by Peter Hall in the sixties for the lifestyle store Heals. Peter is an artist, textile, industrial and fashion designer from New Zealand, who is still painting prolifically.
The gorgeous little chair is from the book "Flea Market Style" by Emily Chalmers (of the charmingly quirky shop "Caravan").
I really recommend this book, it is full of pictures of other people's charming houses, all of which are very eclectic, and heavily influenced by vintage.
It is one of my missions in life to acquire some of this fabric and cover a little nursing chair like the one in the photo, but it does go for a lot of money when it rarely comes up for sale on Ebay.
One way of having a little "Verdure" in your life is to buy a cushion fron Jane Foster, an artist and textile designer based in Brighton. I'm a big fan of her blog: janefosterblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric too. I'm always on the lookout for vintage fabrics and find little pieces in the most unlikely looking junk or charity shops - if I'm lucky!
    You can see some of my upholstery projects here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/prettygoods/3914300686/in/set-72157622357832170/

    ReplyDelete